Once a year, Noah’s Inclusion Services hosts a fun-packed family day out to help raise vital funds for children and family programs across the Shoalhaven and Illawarra. The renowned ‘Noah’s Challenge‘ is a long-standing tradition in the community known for its various obstacles and challenges that participants overcome to complete the course.
However, Noah’s Challenge was relocated to the University of Wollongong Shoalhaven Campus in West Nowra this year. The program was redesigned to include people of all ages and abilities and has proven to be a hit amongst kids, young and old. This year’s event had the support of over 20 organisations, including Macey Insurance Brokers, Nowchem, Jetts Nowra, Junction Street Medical Practice, Stormtech, plus more!
The activities and checkpoints included:
- Welcome to Country and smoking ceremony by Djiriba Waagura Pty Ltd
- Performances by DanceWorks Nowra and Tayah Larsen Music
- Dragon Training Mobile Zoo
- HuskiDrumming drumming circles
- Shoalhaven Regional Gallery workshops
- Inflatable slide and Bungee Basketball
- Teddy Bear Clinic by UOW Medical Students (BYO teddy!)
- Nowra Warriors JRLFC ball skills clinic
- Nature craft zone
This year, the Macey team, along with the support of Nowra Men’s Shed, created a portable putting green for all to enjoy and master their putting skills. We also had two teams participate in the event and enjoy all the offered activities.
Overall the day was a success, with an estimated 1,000 individuals attending the event and over $30,000 raised for Noah’s Inclusion Services.
Macey Insurance Brokers is a long-standing sponsor of the Noah’s Challenge. We thank the Noah’s team and committee for their hard work and dedication to helping families in our region.